Unit testing is a rudimentary part of the software testing process.
It is focused on the testing of individual source code components.
Many facts about unit testing are well-known among software professionals, but it is occasionally necessary to refresh our knowledge to stay current.
The top Unit Testing Tools used by developers will be discussed in this post.
Top 15 Best Unit Testing Tools in 2022
In this article, we have outlined the 15 best Unit Testing tools in 2022:
NUnit is a .NET platform-based unit testing framework.
- It is a free application that allows you to write test scripts manually, but not automatically.
- NUnit is like JUnit in that it tests Java code.
JMockit is an open-source unit testing tool that provides a set of tools and APIs.
- These tools and the API can be used by developers to create TestNG or JUnit tests.
- JMockit is seen as a viable alternative to the mock object’s traditional use.
Emma is a free and open-source toolkit for calculating Java code coverage.
- It allows each developer in the team to quickly check their code coverage.
- Emma offers coverage of classes, lines, methods, and basic blocks, as well as report types such as text, HTML, and XML.
Quilt is a Java software development tool and a free cross-platform software utility.
- Using Statement Coverage, it is possible to measure the coverage of Java applications during unit testing.
- It just manipulates JVM classes and machine code without working on source code (Java Virtual Machine).
HtmlUnit is a free Java framework that includes a browser without a graphical user interface for Java apps.
- It is a Java unit testing tool for testing web applications in frameworks such as JUnit and TestNG.
Embunit is an acronym for embedded Unit, a free unit testing framework meant for both developers and testers of applications written in C or C++.
- Its concept is like JUnit in that it creates test cases in a structured format and generates source code from them.
- It also reduces unit testing rework
SimpleTest is a free and open-source unit testing framework for the PHP programming language.
- SSL, forms, proxies, and basic authentication are all supported by this framework.
- SimpleTest’s test case classes, as well as methods and codes, are extended from base test classes.
ABAP is a commercial as well as a free tool for performing both automated and manual unit testing.
- ABAP is used to create and develop tests that check the code’s functionality.
- It allows test cases from many ABAP applications to be combined into a single ABAP group.
Typemock Isolator is an open-source framework for testing system code that is available for free.
- This technology effectively reduces the amount of time spent correcting bugs and delivering value.
- It has a basic API and entry methods that don’t require any changes to legacy code.
- The Typemock Isolator is primarily for Windows and is written in C and C++.
LDRA is a proprietary tool package for static and dynamic software system analysis and testing.
- covers statements, decisions, and branches and provides a linear code sequence.
- It is an integrated tool that performs a quality check from beginning to end (requirement analysis to deployment).
Microsoft unit testing Framework
VisualStudio TestTools – Microsoft Unit Testing Framework is a proprietary tool that aids in testing in Visual Studio.
- The namespace UnitTesting is used to call the unit test.
- It uses a set of components, methods, and attributes to facilitate data-driven testing.
Unity Test Tools
The Unity Test framework is a free tool for generating and running automated tests.
- Unit Tests, Integration Tests, and Assertion Components are the three core components of this product.
- Unit tests are the simplest and most efficient level, with an automatic execution option.
Cantata is a commercial framework that enhances productivity and provides a testing environment.
- This is used to perform C and C++ unit and integration testing.
- A highly automated tool with a reusable harness that can be used to undertake huge data set robustness testing.
Karma is an open-source testing framework that allows for efficient testing.
- Allows for easy debugging and integration with Jenkins, Travis, or Semaphore.
- Other unit testing frameworks had a significant influence on this framework.
In the above article, we have outlined the best Unit Testing tools in 2022. If you any questions regarding this and any suggestions, let us know in the comment area.