A bug tracking tool can assist with defect recording, reporting, assigning, and tracking in a software development project.
We have a better chance of making easy modifications with a minimum impact on project timelines and budgets if we uncover problems early in the development phase and, if possible before the end-user encounters them.
Bugs are an unavoidable part of life, but they don’t have to be a headache to manage.
Several bug tracking tools on the market can assist you in organizing and speeding up your defect management process.
You’ll find both free and commercial (paid) software in the following list.
Top 15 Best Bug Tracking Tools in 2022
In this article, we have highlighted the 15 best bug tracking tools available in the market in 2022.
ClickUp is one of the best bug tracking solutions available that is free, offering a wide range of customization options, including the ability to create custom views.
- This project management software enables extensive time and task management, as well as cooperation across business groups.
- Task comments can be assigned and resolved using this software.
- It simplifies the process of determining career goals.
- It has many templates from which to choose.
You can easily search and filter for a specific assignment.
SpiraTeam is an all-in-one application lifecycle management (ALM) and bug tracking system.
It’s also one of the greatest free bug tracking programs available.
- It provides fully customizable incident fields, such as statuses, priority, defect kinds, and severity levels.
- SpiraTeam’s built-in end-to-end traceability allows you to manage the entire testing process, from requirements through tests, problems, and issues.
- It comes with the following features out of the box:
It allows for the automatic generation of new incidents while the test script is running.
BugHerd is the most user-friendly option for tracking issues and responding to website comments.
- Bugs and feedback should be assigned to specific website objects, and technical details should be noted to aid with problem resolution.
- With the kanban-style task board, you can track feedback tasks all the way to completion.
- QA and UAT for websites and applications might be accomplished in a quarter of the time.
Collect bugs and feedback using a simple point-and-click interface.
Userback is a web-based visual issue reporting and feedback tool.
It is another excellent free bug tracking program.
- It’s the most efficient approach for consumers and software developers to report bugs on any website or program.
- It allows you and your users to graphically report bugs.
- Its sketching, annotating, and video-recording features are simple to use.
- Collect visual and contextual problem reports quickly to help with issue reproduction and resolution.
User back saves annotated screenshots, video recordings, console logs, browser data, custom data, and other things automatically.
For agencies and software development teams, Marker.io is a visual bug reporting solution.
- Simply install the website widget and collect feedback in your choice project management platform, such as Jira, Trello, Asana, GitHub, ClickUp, and others, with photographs, annotations, and technical meta-data.
- It includes a website widget.
It allows you to take screenshots and post comments.
ZOHO Bug tracker
Another great bug tracker tool is Zoho BugTracker, which allows you to prioritise and prioritise issues.
- It boosts productivity by highlighting problems that can be replicated.
- It’s an online tool that allows you to keep track of all of your projects, issues, milestones, reports, and documents in one location.
- The Zoho bug tracker allows you to automatically remind and contact team members.
- Bug views and integration are included.
It has an issue tracker and a customizable workflow.
Monday is also a great bug tracking application that allows you to keep track of issues and manage your team all in one spot.
- It has a user-customizable dashboard that simplifies data visualization.
- You can work cooperatively with others.
- It can automate your daily tasks.
- Mailchimp, Google Calendar, Gmail, and other services are all linked.
Smartsheet is a bug tracking tool that works like a spreadsheet for corporations with a lot of projects.
- In Smartsheet, simple rules can be utilized to automate processes.
- For team and project administration, it includes security, user management, and single sign-on capabilities.
- It aids in the management of processes as well as the enhancement of teamwork.
- Custom solution creation is available to meet your specific needs.
- It comes with customizable templates.
Connects to your company’s surroundings in a smooth manner.
A well-known bug tracker is BugZilla. These tools are open-source software with a plethora of useful features, like as
- There are graphs and reports included.
- Patch Viewers are included in the package.
- This bug tracking tool detects duplicate bugs automatically.
- It sends you an email whenever there is a change in the code.
- You can make a list of flaws in a variety of ways.
Daily, monthly, and weekly reports should all be scheduled.
JIRA is a commercial software tool for tracking and organising team issues, as well as prioritising and updating project issues.
It’s also one of the greatest bug-tracking applications.
- Because of its basic foundation, JIRA is a bug-tracking tool used by thousands of software professionals.
- It’s an application for programmers that works in conjunction with code development environments.
- It is not limited to the software business because of its capacity to track any type of issue.
It’s perfect for applications that require a lot of flexibility.
If you’ve used bug tracking software before, Mantis will be simple to use.
- Mantis is available as both a web and mobile application.
- It connects to programs like chat, time tracking, wiki, RSS feeds, and many others and works with a variety of databases, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MS SQL.
- This is open-source and free software.
- E-mail notifications are included in this defect tracking tool.
Reports and graphs are available to assist with reporting.
RedMine is a free bug tracking tool that integrates with SCM (Source Code Management Systems).
- Gantt charts and calendars are used for reporting, and it works with a variety of systems and databases.
- This project makes use of the Ruby on Rails framework.
- It has a project management tool that is accessible online.
- It has an easy-to-use problem-tracking system.
It has a very flexible role-based access control mechanism.
Trac is a Python-based open-source problem management system that runs on the web.
- It’s a more advanced form of the wiki that’s used in software development projects to monitor issues.
- You may walk through the code, check the history, observe modifications, and so on when Trac and SCM are coupled.
It is compatible with Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, Windows, and more.
eTraxis is a free bug tracking tool that supports multiple languages.
- It enables file sharing as well as e-mail notification of attachments.
- It has an adaptable permit system.
- This PHP-based application connects to Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Microsoft Server databases, among others.
It provides a versatile platform for managing projects involving several organizations by offering a central location for all project operations.
Axosoft is a bug tracking software that may be deployed locally or hosted online.
- It’s a Scrum team project management tool.
- Using the Scrum planning board, project managers and developers can inspect each task, its requirements, defects, and incidents in the system on separate file cards.
- Axosoft lets you handle user stories, problems, and support requests while keeping track of your progress in real-time.
It’s one of the most powerful bug-removal tools available.
We hope that this advice was useful and that you can now make an informed choice from the list of the best free bug tracking tools provided.
Please leave your questions/suggestions in the space below.